Tuesday, August 11, 2015

EOC: Week 5


Midterm – Whatever Works
            “Whatever Work” a film about a woman who moves to New York and finds herself. Sometimes that extra move towards your own life as an individual really is crucial to forming your dreams or what you have set for your path. This woman moved to New York and finds herself; she married an older man who in my opinion was very self-centered. She herself played the roll of a simple minded inexperienced young woman in which her actions in the film can be studied as a personal references to each individual. The actor that approached her showed the perfect way to approach a woman, taking more risk than anything in the conversation. Being that what he said wouldn’t generally be said unless some sort of attraction was established the man went into this saying that he had fallen in love with her from the first sight that he had seen her. We had only seen a small portion of the film, but what we had seen can be studied. The man took more risk towards talking to the woman and the woman being as simple minded. Being that she was married, she had already established a life for herself although not a very great life.
            From Whatever Works the Actor took risks to get what he wanted which was to get the woman that he had fallen in love with at first sight. Life’s about taking those extra risks in order to achieve what you would like to achieve to the best of your capability. After graduating here in Las Vegas, I planned to move on towards California. I feel in California I already established a small name for myself doing small jobs in Hollywood and meeting a few good connections. My dream as well as my friends is to go to Hollywood and establish something of our self through our work. So what we had decided to do was to move there with no plan but to be prepared with work and resumes to show. Taking a risk moving somewhere that we have nothing in but the push and passion towards our dreams. Originally we discussed on sleeping in the car for one week, going to California and giving it our best shot. But with the investment that I had put towards this dream I took on a night job knowing that a year from now ill be graduating and a year from now I will be eligible to transfer states. Taking a risk at jeopardizing my school work I realized in the film industry you have to take risks and an “A” average wont win me my dream career job. The Actor took risks to get the woman he fell in love with and I am taking a risk at having no time but a plan towards my future and that’s how far I am willing to go. I plan to use the job I have now to transfer to California with a “Job” to fund myself while I go out and take risks at reaching to these Studios.

No comments:

Post a Comment